25 Feb Pistachio & Cranberry Biscotti
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup pistachios
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
– Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add 3 eggs and vanilla and beat on a low speed until combined. Fold in pistachios and cranberries
– Turn the dough onto a floured surface, divide in half and shape into two logs. (Dough WILL be sticky)
– Place on prepared baking sheets and brush the remaining lightly beaten egg over the dough. Bake logs until they are firm to the touch (about 35 minutes for me). Place on a wire rack to cool completely!
– Lower oven to 160 degrees C
– Transfer the cooled logs to a cutting board and use a serrated knife to cut the logs into slices. Lay them back on the baking sheet and return them to the oven again. Bake until the cookies just begin to get crisp, about 8 minutes.
– Let cool completely and enjoy.